If you have suffered from a car accident then PIP insurance will pay 60 percent of the wages you lost but the amount will not exceed more than 10000 US dollars as PIP will also pay the expense of your medical bills. But to get the money from PIP you should get some documents such as a letter from doctors where he or she will mention the time duration which will be needed to recover from the injuries and also all the medical bills which you have already paid. If the amount exceeds the PIP limit then the lost wages you will get after the negotiation with the fault party.